Thursday, September 27, 2012

Whats the quickest way to learn auto sales?

Like it or not, I accepted a job for a local car dealership. They have a new manager, and he wants me to eventually do all sales. Right now he does them all. They average about 10-12 cars per month. I am used to selling jewelry, where I know I can discount up to a certain percentage, like 30% tops. This place sells Chevy, Dodge, Chrysler, and Jeep mostly, and is going to increase used car sales. I can sell, but I know NOTHING about selling cars, the dickering, how much to give on a trade in, how much to decrease price, NOTHING. I am told I will get customer to sign an agreement that basically says “we agree to purchase if we can agree terms”. I think the manager then takes over. Is this normal? What advice can anyone give me?
discount auto sales.

James B:It is perfectly normal for new sales people. Read the book, “Consultative Selling.” If you show people that you can solve their problems with what you can do, you can get them to focus more on value and relationships and less on money. Unfortuately, the majority of dealerships focus on almost pressuring or tricking people into a sale.

Good luck.

Eddie S:You are arms legs and a smile, if you are good at it and keep your eyes and ears open and mouth shut you can work your way up. You might want to ask the manager about training programs such as product walk around, product knowledge and eventually closing.

GOOD LUCK

No comments: